The Hooksett Library seeks an innovative, motivated and articulate individual with a community focus and commitment to customer service. Exceptional interpersonal skills, technological proficiency, and writing skills are required.
The Assistant Director acts as the Adult Services Librarian and Publicity Specialist for the Library, working with the Director and Department Heads on program planning, publicity, collection development and staff development and training. Additional areas of focus include management of the library’s online resources and providing technology support in an instructional setting and one-on-one with patrons.
Considerable professional experience including materials selection, reference and reader's advisory, planning and producing programs, public relations and marketing is required. At least three years of progressive professional library experience including supervisory experience is preferred. An MLS/MLIS degree from an ALA-accredited library school or a comparable combination of related education and experience will be considered.
Hooksett Library was the 2013 New Hampshire Library of the Year and we strive to reach excellence and innovation within our library with a current focus on early literacy, technological literacy and digital offerings to our public. The Hooksett Library has a staff of six full-time and nine part-time employees. We serve a community of 14,000 with a budget of just over $700,000.
Hooksett is a member of the GMILCS consortium which provides direct access to 1.2 million items. Membership in the consortium creates a breadth of opportunities to collaborate with colleagues in other libraries within the consortium. The Assistant Director serves as the alternate to the GMILCS Board and serves on several committees within the organization.
Beginning salary $48,000.00 - $56,000.00 commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package. Full job description and benefits package available here. To apply, please submit resume, letter of interest and digital portfolio to:
Heather Rainier, Library
Director Hooksett Library
31 Mt. St. Mary’s Way
firstname.lastname@example.org (603) 485-6092
Review of applications will take place beginning January 2, 2017. Position open until filled. EOE
- Salary: $48,000 - $56,000
- Two weeks paid vacation, begins accruing immediately
- Vacation increases by one week at 8, 15 & 20 years of service
- Medical leave accrues at 12 days per year, accrual begins immediately
- Unused medical leave over 240 hours bought back from employee at ½ pay rate
- Health insurance for individual, two-person or family plan covered at 85% of the premium paid by the Library and 15% paid by the individual.
- Dental insurance provided at a split rate
- New Hampshire Retirement System: Current contribution rates 7% employee, 11.38% employer
- Local credit union available to Hooksett employees
- Paid membership to New Hampshire Library Association
- Paid membership to New England Library Association
- Excellent local small business dining options