Porch pickup is now available to ANY GMILCS cardholder without an appointment! In addition, browsing in the library and laptops for loan services are available for Hooksett Library cardholders.
Porch Pickup & Browsing Service Hours (print version)
|Monday, Wednesday, Friday
||Monday, Wednesday, Friday
|9:00am - 5:00pm
||9:00am - 12:00pm
||2:00pm - 5:00pm
|Tuesday & Thursday
||Tuesday & Thursday
|9:00am - 8:00pm
||9:00am - 12:00pm
|2:00pm - 8:00pm
|9:00am - 1:00pm
||9:00am - 1:00pm
Porch Pickup with adjustments:
- Request your items: Place requests online by logging in to your account, searching/browsing the catalog, and placing your hold request(s), or by phone at 485-6092, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We’ll contact you via email, phone, or text when items are ready for pickup.
- Let us know when you’ve arrived at the library, then pick up! When you get to the library, call 485-6092 or text 661-466-5738 (661-HOOKSET) to let us know you’re here, and we will place your items on the table at the porch for you.
Please maintain social distancing. If the porch is busy, please wait in your vehicle or at a distance. Our goal is to serve everyone as promptly, efficiently, and safely as possible!
Browsing in the library
- Browsing in the library is available during service hours (listed above) for Hooksett Library cardholders.
- Please limit your time in the library to less than 30 minutes and note that you (and members of your party, ages 3+) will be required to wear a mask while in the building. If you don't have one, masks will be available for you.
- As we move from one party on each side of the library to several parties simultaneously, you may be asked to wait briefly in your vehicle while other patrons finish browsing. Masks are required for entering the building, and we ask for your patience as we navigate this change: as always, safety and service are our top priorities!
- Should your health be of concern due to age or immunocompromised status, please connect with us for more contact-free options.
Computer Borrowing...here’s how it works:
- Chromebook laptops are available and can be borrowed by Hooksett Library patrons ages 18+ for either a 90 minute session (during service hours) or a 6 hour session (daytime or overnight, if needed).
- In order to make a reservation for this service, you must book an appointment by calling 485-6092.
- Devices may be used outside of the building upon checkout and returned to staff in person during service hours to be checked in.
Services available remotely:
- Wireless Printing Service via Princh
- Photocopy Services, Scan to Email, Faxing
- Reference Requests
- Personalized Reader’s Advisory Services
- Notary services: please call ahead
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How can I borrow a Chromebook laptop?
We will have a limited number of Chromebooks available for short term borrowing for Hooksett Library cardholders only. Contact the library by phone at 485-6092, via email at email@example.com, or via text at 661-466-5738 (661-HOOKSET) to schedule an appointment. Available sessions are 90 minutes or 6 hours in length. Please feel free to bring a chair, use these devices in the parking lot, and connect to our wifi; HPL patrons may bring them off-site for use as well. Devices must be returned to a staff member during service hours. Remote wireless printing is currently available from mobile devices using Princh. Please see instructions here.
Now that you are open for browsing, can I use the library's desktop computers?
We do not have stationary computer workstations available in the library building at this time; however, Hooksett cardholders age 18+ may reserve and borrow a limited number of Chromebook laptops, for either 90 minute daytime or evening sessions, or 6 hour long half-day or overnight sessions. Please call 485-6092 for details and to reserve an appointment time.
Do I need to have an appointment to pick up my print job?
No, appointments for pickup are not required. Call 485-6092 or text 661-466-5738 (661-HOOKSET) and we will place your prints on the pickup table outside the front door for you. Princh is prepay, completed in an internet browser from home or a mobile device.
Are masks required?
Yes, masks are required for library staff & patrons (ages 3+) who wish to enter the building, and we have masks available as needed. HPL cardholders who are unable to wear face coverings can use our Porch Pickup service.
Do you have special appointments for elderly or immunocompromised patrons?
Not at this time, but please contact the library for other available options.
Can I bring my kids, or other people in my ‘bubble,’ to browse with me?
Yes; browsing in the library (reserved for Hooksett cardholders) will be limited to a set number of visitors at the same time. You will be asked to specify the number of people and whether you’d like to visit the children’s or adult room.
How can I return items?
The book drop is always open. All returned library materials are quarantined for a minimum of 72 hours then checked in; don’t worry if they appear in your online account for several days- no fines will be charged.
How can I find out if my holds are ready?
You will receive a notification when your items are ready. If you do not have an email address or text messaging contact info on your account, a library staff member will call you.
How do I place holds on items?
Please see here for instructions on placing a hold online. If you have difficulty logging in, connect with us via live chat, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone at 485-6092.
How can I be sure my items are on the table for pickup?
When you arrive, call 485-6092 or text 661-466-5738 (661-HOOKSET). We communicate as a team to make sure we put out the correct items; once you’ve returned to your vehicle, please call or text if you have any questions!
I don’t have a library card! Can I use these services?
Porch pickup is available in Hooksett for all GMILCS library cards. Browsing and computer borrowing services are currently reserved for Hooksett Library cardholders.
If you live, work, study, or own property in Hooksett, you can register for a Hooksett library card online! Please see here for information on registering.
Can I request items from other libraries?
Yes, GMILCs libraries are lending items within the consortium, and our van transit system is functioning three days a week, as normal. Please note that wait times on items may be slightly longer, due to quarantine during transit.
Can I request Inter Library Loans?
The New Hampshire State Library is resuming the ILL van service, but please be patient as it may take us a little while to get fully up and running again!
You may request an ILL by calling the library at 485-6092 or by emailing email@example.com
Is there a limit to the number of items I can request?
Yes, the limit for items out on each account is 50, which remains the same. If you are at the limit, you must return items in order to place more holds.
Are the library's meeting rooms open to the public?
The library's meeting rooms are not open to the public at this time. The library is currently following its Interim Service Plan which involves a walk-through service model. We would be happy to assist you and your group to explore virtual meeting solutions for your meetings, like Google Meet, Jitsi Meet, ZOOM, FreeConference, or others.
Am I able to check out Lego kits, Learning Kits, and Early Literacy Backpacks?
No, our LEGO and other kit collections are not circulating at this time.
What safety precautions is the library taking?
Library staff members are required to wear masks in the building, maintain social distancing, and disinfection and quarantine protocols are ongoing. The library has also recently upgraded its HVAC system with iWave air-purifying technology that's designed to reduce pathogens, allergens, particles, smoke and odors in the air, creating a healthy environment without any harmful byproducts.